Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

DODGE CARAVAN 1998 no POWER WINDOWS

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 PM
mloureirojr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DODGE CARAVAN 1998 no POWER WINDOWS

I just want know I Have a DODGE caravan 1998 with no power windows and I Want install thoses and When I Went on Junk Yark the guy said You're looking for troubleI know never will be the same as a factory but I my Concern is about the wiring if Is there the original wiring ready for the power windows or May I have to change just the Door harness with Power windows???? I never open the door console but I guess just the power window and Power windows Switch has to be installed Please if anyone know tell me....

Thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 AM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE CARAVAN 1998 no POWER WINDOWS

Just my 2 cents worth be Thankful you have crank up windows from 96-06 power windows are very problematic this is my third caravan and in my 94 never had a problem but my 98 and 01 I have had nothing but problems with them and if you look on here you will find many other people have problems with the power windows also but if you must have power windows I don't know if they still make them or not I know JC Whitney used to sell a conversion kit you just removed the crank and attached the box to where the crank goes and wire it up and it used your excisting mechinism Like I said I don't know if they still make them or not as far as using a door panel from another van I don't know if it wired for it or not I guess the only way to find out is pull the door panel I don't know if you can add the wiring or not but the way these have problems I would keep the crank up myself

Quick Reply: DODGE CARAVAN 1998 no POWER WINDOWS