Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 caravan dinging???? wtf

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 caravan dinging???? wtf

ok heres a new one on me.. the other day.. i was driving.. and i almost missed my turn... so i hard braked.. and yanked the wheel to the right.. then.. out of the blue.. the chime (like the key in ignition chime) dinged at me 4 times.. then stopped... no lights on the dash.. all was normal.. week later.. today... did it again.. hard brake.. and sharp turn to the left.. and it dinged 4 times again.. wtf is it dinging for? ?? cause i take it on 2 wheels? (joke haha) almost like its a warning 'hey buddy your gonna crash if your not careful' .. any ideas? i was thinking maybe abs kicked on? never heard of anything dinging when abs goes on.. any time any lights come on on the dash i get a single chime.. never the 4

Old 11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: 99 caravan dinging???? wtf

its funny you mention this my 01 did the same thing last week when I made a real hard turn hopefully someone will chime in with an answer on this one. my wife said it was the van telling me I should drive like that

Old 11-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

it would be your ABS if u have it your brake pedal should have felt like a real fast pumping untill u let off it then goes back to normal.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

ok good stuff.. i was thinking abs.. and yes vlmuke .. my wife said the same.. told me the van was protesting my 'male driving habits' hahaha.. if she only knew

Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
titanoguy

My Dad's 94 Caravan did this for over two years. When he gave it to me last winter I resolved to fix this. I finally realized that with the ding the dome lights were blinking very quickly which was hard to notice in the daylight. Then it occurred to me, a door switch was faulty. Ended up being the door switch on the sliding door on passenger side. The sudden changes in movement could shift the door just enough to do this. Hopefully you can be so lucky!

Old 12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

i wish.. i knwo the door switch is faulty.. but its the other way.. it just plain dont work ... mine is when i turn sharp.. and its a fast ding.. 4 times... did it yesterday.. and i was going like 5 mph.. backing into a parking spot.. and when i turned sharp.. there it went.. im like.. wtf.. shut up.. its on all 4 wheels..

Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

hahaha ok figured it out.. pita.. its the 'low oil pressure warning' .. when it did it today.. it turned on the oil light.. sure enough.. almost outta oil.. (this thing will burn about 4 quarts per oil change) the people that had it before me beat the hell outta this van.. when i drove it home it died.. pulled the fuel tank to replace the pump.. turned out there was about 4 gallons of water, sand, grass and dirt in the tank.. so that made for a fun job gettin it all outta the rail and injectors too

Quick Reply: 99 caravan dinging???? wtf