Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 grand caravan over head display thingy?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 AM
khemraj1999
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 grand caravan over head display thingy?

On my 99 grand caravan, theres a console cluster thing on top between the driver and passenger front seat. Theres also two lights on both sides of it. I'm not sure what its for? Maybe the time? can you please tell me how to work it or direct me to a manual on how it works and its purpose?

Thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: 99 grand caravan over head display thingy?

the overhead console 'thingy' actually tells you direction.. cuz it has a compass 'thingy' in it.. it also has a miles per gallon 'thingy' in it ... trip meter and will tell you the temp outside.. N ORMALLY they come on when you start the vehicle.. more than likely yours will need replaced.. there nice to have.. but i have seen alot of them die.. check all your fuses.. etc.. take it down and check all conections..

Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
khemraj1999
Default RE: 99 grand caravan over head display thingy?

ORIGINAL: dishdude2k

the overhead console 'thingy' actually tells you direction.. cuz it has a compass 'thingy' in it.. it also has a miles per gallon 'thingy' in it ... trip meter and will tell you the temp outside.. N ORMALLY they come on when you start the vehicle.. more than likely yours will need replaced.. there nice to have.. but i have seen alot of them die.. check all your fuses.. etc.. take it down and check all conections..
my thingy works actually, but i didnt know what the read out means, i was pressing step a few times and i went to other display where i remember seeing N S, and a count down ticker. I will mess alittle more with it in a few mins and see how it works.

Thanks for helping me with my overhead console thingy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 grand caravan over head display thingy?