Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How to remove on-time payment protection system

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
rastoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove on-time payment protection system

Does anyone know how to remove a starter interrupt system from on time payment protection systems?

Due to my circumstances I had no other choice but to get a vehicle from a used car lot that uses this system. I live almost an hour away and the system is messing up apparantly. It's on an 2003 Caravan, 6 cyl. The van won't start. It's got to be related to this interrupt because during the last couple of days over the weekend (when they were closed for the holiday) the van wouldn't start until I entered the correct current code over and over and over again. It got progressively worse until yesterday it won't start at all. All power controls work, just will not attempt to start at all due to the interrupt.

I called the lot and they said I had to bring the van to them and they will fix it. I said I can't start the van to bring it to them. They said it's my responsibility to get it there. I asked them how to remove it temporarily until I get there and then it can be hooked back up but of course they wouldn't tell me how.

I can't have it towed 60 miles just to get this idiotic box fixed.

I have rearched the system and it supposedly has just 5 wires for installation, and I'm assuming one is a hot wire as I see a non-standard hot wire that goes straight to the battery. I wanted to try and remove it and see if that alone would kill it but wanted to get others input here.

Yes this is a real issue exactly as I have stated above and I'm not looking to do anything deceitful or illegal.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
rastoma
Default RE: How to remove on-time payment protection system

anyone?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: How to remove on-time payment protection system

well first off.. killing that wire.. no good.. that just powers the system... take it off.. it aint gonna do jack ... second off.. instead of messig with that.. if they are gonna fix it.. i would jump the starter.. forget messin with it.. all these things do is kill the starter from the key.. go underneath and jump the starter cylinoid.. makeing sure the key is ON first.. so it fires..

Quick Reply: How to remove on-time payment protection system