Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

I bought a lot of 6 Caravans/Voyager What to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
DodgeGirls420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a lot of 6 Caravans/Voyager What to do

3 weeks ago my first caravan an 88 with over 300k miles died. The Engine and Transaxle just fell right onto the axle.

A small used auto dealer wanted all the Dodges gone so they sold me 6 dodge caravan 90-99 for $3,000 + $200 to have 4 of them towed to my house.

Both of the 90 year models are in good working condition so I put them on the road.

One is a GV with the 3.3L engine, the body is a little rusty and the front end is damaged but the engine has 75k miles and sounds like new. The inside of this van is also remarkable to for its age.

The other 90 is Voyager SE with a 2.5L turbo. This van is incredibly fast, normal acceleration is unbelievable and if you give it more gas its to 60 in no time. The interior of this van is falling apart but the outside is in great condition.

Altho these old vans run and get me places I would like a more stylish newer car.

The next vans are less ugly but still boxy, One is a 93 and the other a 95.

They are both GC SE's.

The 93 has the 3.3L but it nocks. I know when it does its not good, but what exactly is nocking. Also this van is falling apart on the inside. How much could I sell this for to just get it outa the way?

The 95 has the 3.8L and the only problem is the trans. doesnt work in reverse. This van is the nicest one. I believe it was owned buy old people, theres only 126k miles and not a single stain on anything inside and they ashtrays never used. On the outside theres a few scratches and a ding no bigger than a quarter.

The other two vans are 99 models. I really like the styling of these ones. I want to put them together to make one. One is a Grand Voyager in excellent condition but is missing the motor. The other is just a voyager base model. The base model was rear ended and connot pass inspection. It has the 2.4L 4cyl. I am wondering if this engine was placed in the other 99 would it have enough power to move them van. I have taking this van on a ride down the road and the acceleration is very poor even while flooring it, If the engine can barley move this van how is it gonna be able to move the other longer one? Is there a turbo for the 2.4L like the 2.5? If so how much to they cost?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: I bought a lot of 6 Caravans/Voyager What to do

IMHO you would be better off selling the ones that run and using the money to buy a v6 engine and tranny if it needs it for the 99 without the motor

Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
DodgeGirls420

How much would it cost for a new 3.8L?

Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
DodgeGirls420

My Brother is currently here changing the trany from the 93 to the 95. My boyfriend is also in the process of pulling out the 2.4L from the 99 and placing it in the other 99.

The turbo van blewup today at my brothers house, so now I only have 1 car my bf need to go to work and I just got a new job. Im thinking about getting a new car, I havent had a car payment in over 10 years and I will deffinatly have enough for the payments with my new job.

Quick Reply: I bought a lot of 6 Caravans/Voyager What to do