Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan Electrical Prob

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 04:26 PM
adrianbrookes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan Electrical Prob

Have a 2001 Caravan with an intermittent problem: Starts fine, but wipers/radio/blower sometimes all go off. Sometimes they come on again without doing anything. Horn randomly honks without touching it.

I've jiggled the key around to see if it is ignition switch related but doesn't appear to be.

It gets a little more interesting; Sometimes if I turn the wipers on they will work but radio/blower will go out while the wipers are moving. Sometimes the radio and blower will go back on for a split second while the wipers are in the "rest" position with the wiper switch in the Intermittent positions.

Checked fuses and swapped relays around - no improvement. Also ran an extra ground wire from battery negative connector to frame in case it may have been some sort of floating ground. No change.

As of yesterday, the blower only works on High. (Anyone know where the blower resistor is located so I can check that out?)

Thank you!

Adrian

2001 Caravan with 130,000 Miles almost completely trouble free (except above for last 2 weeks!)

Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 AM
ramtrk2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Caravan Electrical Prob

The resistor is directly behind the glove box. Cheap part at the dealer, and very easy to do.

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan Electrical Prob