Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

fuel problem 95 Ram 3500

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 AM
drod65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problem 95 Ram 3500

I have a 1995 Ram 3500 work van that is giving me problems. I loose power and the whole van shakes when the gas gets down to between 1/2 and 1/4 tank of gas. I fill the tank and everything runs well. This doesn't happen unless I am running on the highway at 70 mph. With a low tank in the city it hasent happened. Has there been a common problem with these vans that will help me decide which direction to look? I have thought about a fuel filter, fuel pump, water in the tank, junk in the tank, fuel injector. Help, I am planning on a job out of town and need my van.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:18 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel problem 95 Ram 3500

you might want to repost this in the full size van forumhow many miles are on it have you ever changed the fuel filter? you might want too just based on age to me it sounds like you losing fuel pressure at highway speed it could be you fuel pump is getting weak and once the fuel gets down far enough the pump can't pump as well or since it is a work truck could you have hit something and dented the tank maybe it cant suck up fuel properly but when driving in the city the fuel sloshing around allows it to pick up fuel Its just a guess I have never owned one though I'd start by looking at the tank and go from there

Quick Reply: fuel problem 95 Ram 3500