Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan Power Side Door Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 06:38 PM
youngsa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default similar but different door problem

Our 08 grand caravan doors were working fine until our 6 year old daughter decided to attempt to open manually and was trying to jerk it open. Now door will not open with buttons, if I open about a foot and hit the button it will open but sometimes not fully and it will sit there clicking. if it does open fully with the buttons it will attempt to close automatically but seems as if the rear latch doesn't engage like the other does and the door stays partially open. Window only works if you open door part way and then use the button to open the rest. Once it doesn't close all the way or you just open manually the window doesn't work. Only thing that always works is the locks. Doesn't seem like the wire assembly to me. I am thinking maybe the latch/lock actuator for the back of the door or maybe alignment since when it closes I don't see it attempt to latch like the other door. Anybody see anything similar? Should say it slides smoothly manually though I do hear a slight rubbing that I don't hear with the other door.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan Power Side Door Problems