Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1996 Caravan w/ Infinity Sound System Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
jiden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Caravan w/ Infinity Sound System Problem

I have currently installed a Sony Headunit to my 1996 Dodge Caravan w/ Infinity Sound System. The Headunit turns on and there is sound that comes from the front two speakers in the dashboard and the two tweeters in the rear of the van. The 2 speakers in the two front doors and the two in the rear side panels don't work. The wiring harness that I used I bought for walmart and it said that is was compatible with my car. There was a note that had said something like "For Infinity Sound Systems: Make sure to connect the blue wire to the blue/white wire" or something of that sort, I'm sorry but I'm not positive what it has said exactly. There was a braided silver wire that was hooked into the rear of the factory cd player and a black wire with a female tab spade connected as well. I connected those two wires to a bolt that was inside of the dash. All of the wires on the back of my Sony Headunit are connected to all of the matching wires of wiring harness from walmart, except for the black/ground wire from the Sony Headunit, which is connected to different bolt. Could you please help?

Thanks

Jake

Quick Reply: 1996 Caravan w/ Infinity Sound System Problem