Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

fuel pump blows fuse from running over deer

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 AM
moreorless
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump blows fuse from running over deer

a while ago a car in front of me on a busy highway hit a deer, it flew over his car after inflicting a lot of damage, the driver kept going....the deer went right under my vehicle and the antlers must have damaged the wiring to the fuel pump.....a friend climbed under the van and reconnected the wiring...yet it keeps blowing the fuse to the fuel pump........no vehicle damage the deer went under the passanger side of the van, I went a few feet and the engine shut down.........

had to tow it home where it has sat...every fuse keeps blowing.......is this just a simple to fix wiring problem ... to the fuel pump or maybe some other problem????

Old 01-29-2008, 07:08 PM
holtzer1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel pump blows fuse from running over deer

could have hit the bottom of the tank causing damage to the pump internaly, or the wiring inside the tank. could be the wiring near the pump also. only one way to check. check the wiring at the plug for a short to ground on the power circuit, or a short to power on the ground circuit. that will eliminate the external harness. next thing would be to pull the pump and inspect for physical damage.

Quick Reply: fuel pump blows fuse from running over deer