Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

trans prob

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
gaftop1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans prob

96 caravan 3.8 od trans.
trans shifts fine most of the time but sometimes it will stick in first or second and i have to get up to 40 mph then shift to neutral turn off ign then turn it back on shift back to drive for it to shift the rest of the way. have changed the speed sensor. helped for a while now back the way it was.
pulled codes 1784,0731,0135,0750, 1781

was getting a loud clicking from right rear side of car. cleared codes and clicking stopped and car shifted fine.
check eng light came back on showing o2 sensor. now check eng light has gone out by itself and clicking is back and won't shift out of first gear.
help

Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
twowlcruzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trans prob

I noticed no one has replied... and you seem to have a real dilema.. im no master tech.. but have you considered a new ecm?. that is real od... but it seems to by tied to the computer control system... also... try replacing the solonoid pack.. it could be sticking and throwing the control system off... like i said im no master tech.. just wanted to help and throw some ideas.. ok..

Quick Reply: trans prob