Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 gc speed sensors location??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:03 AM
twowlcruzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 gc speed sensors location??

i took my 06 gc in last week for a software upgrade to the tcm.. which didnt help the downshift bump from 2nd to 1st.. its still there.. not as bad.. or as often but none the less still there.. im goin to take it back in... but if they replace the speed sensors.. i want to be able to tell there not jive talken me so im curious where exactly there located so i can look afterwards... it would save me allot of time out in the cold looking for them...
thanks

Old 02-03-2008, 11:37 AM
holtzer1
Rookie
Default RE: 2006 gc speed sensors location??

ones next to the solenoid pack, the other is located underneath on the front side of the trans.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
twowlcruzer

thanks.. its 50 deg. today so i popped the hood and noticed two sensors one at the end of the tranny. and one closer to the center.. i didnt lay down and look underneath but i will.. you know its really odd.. i drove it today and it was fine.. maybe its me.. i dont know.. i got waranty till 60k so thats peice of mind.
u know other than that.. lil issue.. i really like this van.. and thats saying allot from a guy who has builtmustangs, jeeps, bronco's and motorcycles all his life... this thing would be cool with a good matched tire and wheel package and some agressive suspension upgrades.. and oh a lil umph in the engine department wouldnt hurt either...

Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
holtzer1
Rookie

you should be able to see em both from the top.......my mistake...the ones just easier to change from underneath

Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
ghlkal

twowlcruzer, when was your '06 built? I'm trying to track down when certain upgrades were performed to the '06, which I'm finding hard to do, but it looks like there were several updates done during December '05.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
twowlcruzer

ghikal, it was built in sept of 05. one of the first for 06.. but the more i drive it... the more i realize the software upgrade that was done for the tcm. really didnt seem to solve that lil bump on downshift from 2n to 1st... and of course that was done per a TSB.. but im takin it in next week for them to check the soloniod pack and/or the speed sensors.. i just bought the van.. and really like it.. but i hope its not gonna get these annoying problems.. we had a 96 t&c before and never had a problem out of it.. but who knows about these things right..

Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 AM
vipergg
Rookie

I think all the newer ones do this . Have a 2007 that did this and it was irritating . Noticed it is getting less and less as the miles add up . Not nearly as noticeable now at about 13000 miles so I will just let it be for now , messing with the tranny is not something I want the dealer to do unless it is something bad.

Quick Reply: 2006 gc speed sensors location??