Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

f***ing CROOKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f***ing CROOKS!!!

i took my 99 caravan into the stealership for recalls.. they in fact are replacing the seatbelt retractors which are on recall.. but there is another recall for the clockspring in the steering wheel.. i told them its broke.. i can hear it.. good deal.. we will replace it.. they say... they just called me.. said that it is in fact broke.. but it wont fall under the recall (but it says if its broke fix it?) because the air bag, cruise, and horn still work.. wtf... so if it all comes apart.. thats ok by them.. as long as the electronics still work? i will be filing reports on this.. and sending some emails.. they want to charge me 250.00 for a recall that is plain as day.. mine just hasnt made it to that electrical harness yet.. damn crooks!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: f***ing CROOKS!!!

well.. just got off of the phone with dodge directly.. they said yes.. i will have to pay the dealership for 'checking out the problem' .. and no.. they wont cover it under the recall.. so now.. i took it in cause it had a recall.. they verified .. yes.. its broken.. but we wont replace it under the recall.. AND you have to pay us for checking it out.. when THEY KNEW what was wrong.. well folks.. i looked at a 2008 caravan today.. was gonna check out financing on it.. until now.. whats the point of a lifetime warranty.. or any recalls.. if they are not going to adhere to them? hell with it.. ill buy a ford

Old 02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Ya know what gets me is they keep replacing the part with a recalled part. I had my 99 in for another electrical issue and asked them to check out the clockspring (which they had replaced 10mths earlier under re-call) because the airbag light was on and we were going to be making a 2k mile + trip. Tech tells me came back a "squib" code (some # or other), but same thing horn and cruise were still working. I asked if they cleared the airbag fault, he did and it came right back on as an immediate fault and gave me a scary time range to trace down at 80$ an hr. Thanks, but no thanks right now and went on my not so merry way. 800 miles into the trip, guess what Horn and cruise stopped working. (all my clocksprings the airbag has always been the precurser and thats why I asked them to check it). Drive back without cruise(which really sucked) and called them and brought it in. No questions asked replace the clockspring (did have to remind them of the "lifetime" recall). Different service manager this time...sees that the vehicle was in a few weeks prior and sees the "squib code" note and makes the comment in earshot of the prior service manager that that is like 90% of the time the clockspring pre-curser. Other service manager got a little red and walked into the back office. Next day I get a call about my satisfaction with the service...Told them my feelings.... What really gets me is I have to drive an hr to get there, and all I got was a lip service "sorry" for not taking care of it couple of weeks prior. I feel your pain Dishdude....I really do. If I didn't work in God's garage and have a 4yr old I was watching, I would take care of more of my issues and know they're fixed than being at the mercy of a bunch of "Tech's"... By the way....what ever happened to Mechanics, who used to fix things, instead of being glorified parts changers?

Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
dan8052

Hey dishdude2k... your last comment you made... I'll 2nd that!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Funny you guys says that because, I've been looking at Windstars.....lol

Old 02-09-2008, 02:16 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

i think the insult of all of it.. and i wasnt as mad for them NOT changing the clockspring .. as i was that they made me PAY the diagnostics fee for checking the RECALLED CLOCKSPRING.. yes.. i had to PAY to get my van back today..

Old 02-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Mullins

that recall is a joke because they didn't upgrade the part. its a "lifetime"warranty and they keep replacing it with the same part. as far as i know it only needs the drivers squib circuit to be eligeable for the recall. whoever told you that the horn and cruise have to not be working for the recall to be performed is full of crap. at the dealership i worked at i would have replaced the clockspring if it was physically broken anyways because I KNOW they are junk to begin with. wherever you took your van too i would not take it there again. sucks that happened to you.

Quick Reply: f***ing CROOKS!!!