Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 Voyager SE wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
rollinhardcc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Voyager SE wont start

I have used the search button, and have found many posts with the same or slightly the same problem as i am having.

I have a 1993 Plymouth Voyager SE 3.3L automatic with 131,000 miles. I just recently bought the vehicle (4 days ago). The person that owned it before me ( next door neighbor) was having problems starting it. (it sat for close to two years not running) I put new plugs, wires, ignition coil, and also a in-line fuel filter in. Before it was recieving no spark, so we replaced all the problem areas that would cause that to happen, turned the vehicle over it ran but for only 5 seconds then it died. Now it wont start at all. So i replaced the fuel filter ( very rusty, and alot of bad rusty gas came out). I also drained some fuel from the gas tank using the fuel pump as a primer to see the fuel, it too was old looking ( dark yellow with dirt floating in it), My dad and i will be flushing the fuel rails using gas from the tank, having the pressure regulator off and clean it out, seeing it had bad gas. Now if it still does not start, can the problem be the crank and camshaft sensors. If so ( or not) what can be the problem and how easy (hard) is it to fix those two sensors?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Need the van on the road asap, my car's engine just went and have no other transportation to get to work.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 93 Voyager SE wont start

With the amount of dirt you say came out of the fuel tank and lines it could very well be the injectors are clogged.See if you can get the engine to run by squirting fuel into the throttle body directly.You can use a squirt bottle to do this but BE CAREFULL.Keep a fire extinguisher close by or at least a waterhose to put out any fires.
This won't really solve anything if you get it to run but will narrow down your problem to the fuel system.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 AM
vlmuke
Professional

starting fluid might be a little safe, what you will rpobably have to do once you get it running is change the fuel filter again after a couple hunderd miles, I did something really stupid a couple of years ago is we were really hurting for money I pumped the gas that had been sitting in my boat for several years and pumped it out and put it in my car it ran ok for a day or so then really crappy then quit running what I ended up having to do is pump the gas out by pulling the filler hose and pumping the tank dry changed the filter and put two cans of fuel injector cleaner in and two can of fuel dryer I then filled the tank up with five gallons of gas and let the car idle for about an hour 1 as the car would run but really badly well any way after having to start it several time fimally flushed the bad gas out I then changed the fuel filter after about 100 miles and it has ran great after that

Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
rollinhardcc

Well the good news is, we replaced the crankshaft sensor, and it started right up, bad news is i need to start another thread cuz now we have a coolant leak from the front head gasket, and i need to know a few things.....

thanks foir the help guys, appreciate it.

kevin

Quick Reply: 93 Voyager SE wont start