Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

oil light

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
dolfans
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil light

i have a 98 grand caravan with a 3.3.the light comes on only when stopped,if give it gas it goes off.i was wondering if anyone else has this to happen to them?the oil sending unit has some black sticky stuff on the wire and the plastic atthe side of fender.the unit cost is $19.00 and the rotory set(oil pump)is $73.00and 2 days to order.i am going to get it checked out tomorrow i hope thanks

Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: oil light

put oil in it.. my 99 caravan will do that if i stop fast.. or am at idle.. if the oil level is low.. theres not enough for the pump to pump to the top of the engine.. mine burns it bad.. needs valves.. im gonna drive it till it dont drive no more.. im pushin 170k miles on it and its still runnin good.. just keep an eye on oil

Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: oil light

btw.. if it has plenty of oil... search the forum on how to do a proper oil flush.. or take it in.. adn put a hevier weight oil in it.. i run quaker state high mileage 10w40 .. and put a can of restore in it every oil change.. and it has helped tremendously since i got the van

Quick Reply: oil light