Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

08 Grand Caravan sliding doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
kriscot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Grand Caravan sliding doors

Is anybody else having any issues with the power sliding doors..primarily driver side not shutting? There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it happens. The door will get to about 80-85% closed and then reverse itself. a couple of times my door as been left open sitting in a parking lot because I assumed it shut like it was supposed to. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have not called the dealer yet, I wanted some input from other owners before I let them start messing with my doors. Thanks!
Scott

Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: 08 Grand Caravan sliding doors

make sure there is nothing lodged into the track of this thing... and it is totally clear.. (by where the chain is on the bottom)these things have a sensor that will sense resistance.. like if a childs fingers were caught in there. the door would re-open.. this sounds like what its doing.. they might need greased up to help it along..

Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 PM
onephatcracka
Rookie

that or else the track wiring. they still haven't changed the design of those and they still go bad.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
tazman444
Rookie

There is no track chain on these sliding doors, just a schlepp cable and in some models guide cables. It sounds like the schlepp cable has become crimped and the plastic casing has broken, causing it to bind. Check the cable and if that isthe case ask the dealer to replce it with an updated schlepp cable. Also give the new cable a half-turn inboard prior to connecting it. This will cause the wire to stay tucked into the channel below the scuff plate better.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:22 AM
cableguyx2002

Our 2008 Carivan was doing the same thing with the door not closing 50% of the time. I took it back to the dealer for service and they said it is a software glitch. They reprogramed the computer and the problem is cured. Its been 2 weeks and it hasnt happend again. Hope it works for you too.

Quick Reply: 08 Grand Caravan sliding doors