Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

New here! catalytic converter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 AM
marielepp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here! catalytic converter?

HI Im new here and Im so glad I found this spot!
I have a 2001 grand caravan sport. It misses when I accelerate from astop sign or light. Even in park I can feel it miss. One morning when it was cold, it was almost like it was popping or back firing. Now last night a info light came on so I looked it up in the manualsaying maybe bad fuel or loose gas cap, but if it's flashing it says bad catalytic converter. Now when I had it in the shop a couple days ago they only thing that came up on the their machine was an O2 censor, but they saidan O2 censor wouldn't make it run the way it has been?? Any ideas please???

Old 03-08-2008, 11:42 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: New here! catalytic converter?

A converter wouldn't cause a miss how many miles are on it?the plugs might need changed,also could just be dirty have ever ran some injector cleaner in the tank? I had the same problem in my neon and it stopped after I ran about 1/2 tank with some good fuel injector cleaner I used Lucas brand, now what I do with all my cars is run the cheaper cleaner thru with ever other tank might want to try that injector cleaner first I go with the cheapest and easiest fixes first

Old 03-09-2008, 09:56 AM
marielepp

There is 56,000 miles. The mechanic said there is double platinum plugs in there and they usually don't change them until 100,000 miles. They also said that maybe it has poor fuel quality. We tried putting more gas in there and the light went out but now is back on?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:12 AM
vlmuke
Professional

do you know what your mechanic means by doulble platinium? is he refering to double electrode? if so that could be your problem? regular platinium are OK but I have heard alot of complaints about the double electrode ones also if there is question about gas quality you might want to ad some heat to your tank it will help remove any moisture in your tank if it has 56K on it you might need to change the O2 sensor that will help fuel economy but shouldn't cause a miss I would again suggest some injector cleaner to add to you fuel tank this might help its pretty cheap too its only a few bucks for the good stuff especially if youu suspect poor fuel quality and might want to change the fuel filter also

Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 PM
vlmuke
Professional

check the post headlight asistance there is you answer to your headlight delema

Quick Reply: New here! catalytic converter?