Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

01 dodge caravan head lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:04 AM
instrumentman35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 dodge caravan head lights

My left head light is on when I start the van, but when I turn on the headlights the left one turns off and the right one goes on. I have change both bulbs and this is still happening. when I turn on the high beams same thing.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:54 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: 01 dodge caravan head lights

someone else had the same problem a few weeks ago I believe they cured the problem by resetting one of the control modules you might want to search previous posts to see the exact module they had to reset it by disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes but I'm not 100% positive

Old 03-08-2008, 10:21 PM
instrumentman35

Thanks I'll Do That.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
vlmuke
Professional

look at the headlight assistance post there is your answer

Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
tazman444
Rookie

Had a similar problem with my 2001 Grand Caravan. I just pulled the battery for 30 minutes and it reset itself within 5 minutes of driving it. Worse case is get the body control module reprogrammed.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:19 PM
TimboM
Default Headlight issue...

We were having the same problem. It had been going on for over 2 years now, we found that if you shimmy something in the bright/dim handle that both lights will stay on at the same time. we tried changing fuses, bulbs, nothing worked. Now the lights are completly gone. I contacted Dodge about this and they said they hadn't heard of the problem. I guess they should read the threads from this site. Shouldn't this be their problem? maybe if enough of us complain they will have to do something about it. It doesn't seem as if this is normal wear and tear.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What I see most is that when you turn on the headlamps, one side lights and the other side is out. When you switch to high beam, the other side lights and the other side goes out. The headlamps are controlled by the front control module (it is screwed to the fuse block under the hood). If you wiggle the module, usually you can get the lamps to work properly. If they start to work it means the terminals in the fuse box where the module attaches has spread terminals in it. Sometimes you can get in there with a pick and fix them, sometimes you need a new fuse box.

Quick Reply: 01 dodge caravan head lights