Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Grand Caravan Missing PLEASE HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:13 PM
juanporro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Caravan Missing PLEASE HELP ME

This is what Ive done so far:

Check eng light came on a while ago. Should have done something about it but didnt. Bad Idea I guess

Car started missing a little, then in about 7-8 days of missing a bit it did worse, so I decided to change plugs. I figure, start with the cheaper of fixes. Then changed the wires, still no change, actually it got worse so I put the fact ones on again. But the missing was getting worse by the minute literally. Then I started the car again and it rough idled until it would not stay running so I decided to change the coil pack.

Now I have new plugs, cables and a new coil pack and it will not stay running without accelerating heavily. As a matter of fact it cannot be driven.

What do you think guys? Should I go for the ECM now or should I try something else? I found a place that will sell an ECM programmed for the VIN nujber I give them. I think thats pretty neat but Ill wait for your guy's recommendation.

Please help Im desperate.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
jubadah
Default RE: 2005 Grand Caravan Missing PLEASE HELP ME

Instead of blindly throwing parts at it, find someone with a scanner and find out why the check engine light came on. Auto Zone will scan it for free.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
racin90
Rookie

I have all of a sudden have the same issue. Check engine light popped on and its missing erratically. Let me know if you figure it out. Im going to do some checking as well. Thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
racin90
Rookie

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-...-Caravan-3.htm I found this. My plugs..wires all checked and look good. I have a feeling the pcm needs an upgrade. Dont know if its a warranty or recall issue yet. Last time i had an electrical issue even though it had a bulletin on it..it wasnt covered.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
tazman444
Rookie

Have you checked/replaced the o2 sensors? I'm wondering if that could be causing your issues.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 AM
racin90
Rookie

Replaced plugs(which all looked and checked good) and plug wires(2 were sparking inside the boots) and all seems good so far.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

racin:

Have the battery checked and load tested. These newer vehicles do not run well if at all when the battery is on its way out.

Also, do the Key on Key off sequence, and tell us what P-code diplays in the odometer window.

Key on, key off, key on, key off, key on............... look atdash and read.

Don

Quick Reply: 2005 Grand Caravan Missing PLEASE HELP ME