Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 SXT DVD install

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 PM
MichaelK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 SXT DVD install

I'm new to the forum, but not to the caravan. I recently traded in my 1997 Grand Caravan for a 2008 SXT with the "L" package. This means that I have the MyGig entertainment system and the console running down the middle of the ceiling. The dealer wants $2000 to install the factory supplied two-screen system. My question is, how can I simulate that with an after-market install?

From what I've read already, I'm leaning toward installing a large single screen where the front screen would go. The only thing I need to figure out is where to plug in the power. What is the standard method for connecting power to a roof-mounted dvd player?

Thanks,
MichaelK

Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
tazman444
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 SXT DVD install

You would have to either partially or completely drop the headliner and find the wire harness DVD leads if they are there. There will also have to be the video coax and audio wires coming from the DVD player to contend with. If they are not in place you will have to run them from the DVD player, up the 'A' post and across the headliner. You may have to make a hole in the headliner depending on how you mount the screen.You would then have to find a way to mount the screen to the headliner.The headliners with dual DVD screens have an extra metal mounting plate located between the headliner and roof itself. It is not an easy task to add an after-market DVD screen to the HALO headliner you have. I would leave it to the dealer. You might even void your warranty if you tryadding it yourself.

Quick Reply: 2008 SXT DVD install