Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 GC XLT and MyGig

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:23 AM
nitchimon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 GC XLT and MyGig

Well, it continues.

I can periodically go and get into the vehicle and start the car... WHAM.. no audio control on the radio. Sometimes when I shut off the engine, the audio comes back. Other times... I have to yank the power fuse to the radio to get it to reset the audio options.

This is really annoying. Brought it to the dealer 3 times now... "can't find anything". This is really annoying. You pay good money for a vehicle and they "can't find anything".

The clunking in the front end is still there. I read someonwhere else in the the Caravan Forum that some other people are having problems also with a clunking noise on a 2008.

It seems that there is a defect in the sway bar mounts, but Dodge refuses to address this ?

I'm sorry I bought a Dodge if the manufacturer can;t even own up to simple defects. A sad day for American Automotive Industry.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
1980blackfiveoh
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 GC XLT and MyGig

ORIGINAL: cableguyx2002

On our 2008 Grand Carivan the Mygig system does not have the GPS. But I have a way to watch the DVD player while in motion. When the vehicle is running and in park start watching the movie. Then go into the audio screen, then put the vehicle in Drive. Your audio screen should still be open, then push the done button at the bottom right of the screen. Your movie should still be playing while driving. This works every time on our van. Hope it works for you.

Brian
Wow that works!!! I'm thrilled and the wife is not. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: 2008 GC XLT and MyGig