Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Shifter and accellerator cable question

Old 04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter and accellerator cable question

The shifter and accellarator unit ona 31TE transmission (dodge caravan 3.0 3-speed) has aunique shape wich makes the shifter and accellarator fit only one way. The top portion for the accellarator piece is shaped in a half round.

Here is my dilemma: my new transmission as the same unit but the accellarator piece seems to be reversed, which makes the accellarator unitnot fit for the accellarator pen.

Does anyone have a picture of this unit so Ican verify ifI am doing something wrong? It would be great if someone has an image of a current unit

Thanks,

Old 04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifter and accellerator cable question

I noticed I used the wrong parts.

The trottle valve arm coming from the throttle bodyon my '96 caravan 3.0 needs to get connected on my transmission, whichhas a lever with a small balljoint. The parts I have a re a spring, a small square block with a bolt (to connect on the arm)that connects thelever-balljoint.

The lever seems to fit only one way but adding that to the transmission, it points away from the throttle valve arm, rather then point to it. Looking at the old transmission learns that the unit within the transmission is the same.

i am about to stop someone on the road asking to look under the hood as I can't seem to find an answer. I contacted haynes, ETX (transmissions), but no luck....

Any ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifter and accellerator cable question