Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Six-Speed transmission clunky?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:01 AM
BruiserNL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Six-Speed transmission clunky?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed or has any issues with downshifting of their six speed transmission. I have a new van with less than 1500 kms and when it down shifts it is quite abrubt at times. It seems to clunk often when you slow to a stop. The clunk will happen just before the van stops. It seems that if you slow for a turn and then apply fuel again it sometimes clunks as well. My van seems to always want to downshift any time you let off the gas. If I am travelling in the city and let off the gas, the van wants to downshift and slow down. I would love to hear if anyone else has seen this and if there are any suggestions or solutions to the problem.

Thanks.

Steve

Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
bigtex2008
Default RE: 2008 Six-Speed transmission clunky?

Yes we have noticed the same thing. Now has 5200 milesand my wife finally mentioned it. I was waiting to see if it was just me. Have you taken it in? I will do so soon.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:49 PM
BruiserNL
Default RE: 2008 Six-Speed transmission clunky?

Yes I had it in, actually test drove it with the senior technician and he reset it as we drove and it is still the same. Really a hard downshift that is quite annoying. I find that it always wants to be in the lowest gear possible which is not the best if you wish to coast.

Quick Reply: 2008 Six-Speed transmission clunky?