Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Dodge Caravan dies When Temp Normal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
okie48@hotmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Dodge Caravan dies When Temp Normal

My 1996 caravan 3.0 runs good cold. It gets up to running temperature and the fan kicks on , the engine dies. Sometimes it will recrank and sometimes not. When it dies and re-cranks only runs for a few seconds and then dies again. The fuel filter has been changed, The fuel pump tested ok, the coil and the distributor module have been changed. The crankshaft position sensor has been changed. The rotor, cap, and wires and plugs have been changed. There is no codes at the present but did have an 11 code (Randam Misfire.
What else can make this engine die when the temperature is up to operating temperature?

I went back and rechecked everything yesterday and I'm loosing fire from the coil when the engine dies. I put a inductive timing light on the coil wire and when the engine dies the light flickers 1 or 2 times and then just shuts off the spark like you would turn off the key. The crank sensor is new and as I under stand it the crank sensor controls the injectors. I seem to be losing spark coming from the coil. I am leaning toward the computer but don't know how that works? Does the computer control the ground circuits?

Jerry
http://www.lawn-mower-shop.com

Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 Dodge Caravan camshaft sensor

Maybe the O2 sensor??

Quick Reply: 96 Dodge Caravan dies When Temp Normal