Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Coil does not get juice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil does not get juice.

The coil in my '96 3.0 does not get any juice. I found that the ASD relay is open due to asignal from the PCM. it seems that the PCM provides that signal to the relay when the camshaft sensor does not provide a signal.

The van has been sitting still for four Months due to a transmission change. The engine could run before but now it won't start. Can a camshaft sensor malfuncion due to sitting still??

Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 AM
bvil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coil does not get juice.

Hmm I didn’t think they could go bad by just sitting or at lest mine didn’t. I own a few different dodges and I left my caravan sit for over a year and it started right up (outside of having to charge up the battery) maybe there’s a short in the wiring going from the cam sensor to the PCM. All though I did have a friend who’s PCM went bad and started sending false signals.

I probably would check to make sure that you didn’t accidentally pull or cut a wire when you replace the trans then I would swap the cam sensor for a known good one just to make sure that it’s not something else like the PCM.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: Coil does not get juice.