Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Rear bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
bigtex2008
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Rear bumpers

Has anyone else had issues with the rear bumper? Seems as though all of the 2008’s in my area have two problems.

First theplastic skid pads are coming off in the center. Seems that all that is holding them on is tape.

Second, more important, is the sides are not flush with the body. I noticed this from the second day and took it in to the dealer and they said mine looked better than most. I am wondering if this happening elsewhere or if it has something to do with my dealer or shipping to my area.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 AM
watchout
Default RE: 2008 Rear bumpers

I noticed the bump on the skid pad one day when the sun was beating on it. After is cooled, it went back. Someone else on this forum mentioned it, but I couldn't find the thread.

The not flush thing, are you talking about by the rear wheel-wells?

I need to find where to find tsb's for this van.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 AM
bigtex2008

The first is the skid plate cover bump.

Yesthe second is where the bumper wraps around the sides to form the lower half of the wheel well. Once it makes the turn from the back to the side and all the wayto the tire the seam between the quarter panel and the bumper is where the bumper bows out.

Have you seen or heard of this?

Yeah all of my TSB sites have either gone awya or are now pay per view sites.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:20 PM
watchout

My passenger side bumper/ww was out about 1/16" approximately 6" back from the ww. I pushed it hard with my thumb and it popped in - now it's even and tight. I'll keep an eye on it and post if it pops out again.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
bigtex2008

Mine was out about 1/4" on the driver and 1/8" on the pass. I have to push them back in every so often (they only come out a little now, but not totaly flush). Seems Dodge has a problem. Not just my dealer in central Texas.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
jimgansett

Hi,
I got my 2008 in September 2007. One of the first things I noticed was that the skid plate (or whatever you call it, the plate on top of the rear bumper to protect from scuffs) on the bumper was "warping" up in 3 places (center, and each side). Dealer looked and agreed, and replaced the plate. Now, in May, with the warmer weather, I am beginning to see signs of it happening again. Temperature seems to be a factor (expansion?) and its definitely more noticable when the sun shines on it.

I also had one other problem, I wonder if anyone else has had it. I was getting rattles under 30mph somewhere from the back. Dealer said that the weatherstripping on the rear door was the cause and some of the vans came without the seals being properly lubricated. After he lubricated them with silicone, the rattles stopped, but now, half a year later, rattles are starting to appear again. Looks like more silicone. I don't know if the seals are defective or if the design of the car allows too much twist or sway.

Quick Reply: 2008 Rear bumpers