Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Grand Caravan LE...Acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
mash1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Grand Caravan LE...Acceleration problem

I have around 155k miles, had a complete tune-up (including new wires,etc.) and the problem I'm having now is when I accelerate my engine shakes and once I take my foot off the pedal it smooths out. I have no trouble on starting it. Any ideas?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 96 Grand Caravan LE...Acceleration problem

Yup, they misrouted the wires. You're getting crossfire between two wires. Have the shop re-route the wires and make sure they follow the firing order and prevent two consecutive cylinder wires from running next to each other.

Very easy for an inexperienced tech to screw up. But extremely important to follow the exact wire routing as factory.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 AM
mash1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 Grand Caravan LE...Acceleration problem

For a moment there when I checked the wiring, 2 of the numbered wires didn't follow the firing order, but it turned out it was right they just used the wrong numbered wire for that cylinder.

I tried the key on & off ,etc to check any codes and I discovered a code 43 that can be narrowed down but basicly its a misfiring on a cylinder or cylinders....can that be I have a bad cylinder or can I still have a problem that can actually be fix without a rebuild?

Quick Reply: 96 Grand Caravan LE...Acceleration problem