Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

P0300 & P0353 after rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
YaMaximka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 & P0353 after rain

Codes...hate'em 0 Anyhow: after 2 days of driving with the rain, all of the sudden check engine signal started blinking, and the car started shaking up. Barely made it home and looked at the codes it showed: P0300 and P0353. When called dealership, they told me that it is a problem with a computer ( which is substantial amont of money to change ) and before i spend that i thought i'd give it a try here and see if anyone had this problem and was able to fix it without changing computer.
Thanks much.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:07 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: P0300 & P0353 after rain

Whoa, whoa, if the dealer said you need a new computer, you need a new dealer.

Here's the scoop on the codes.
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0353 Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

You've got a misfire problem. Check the plugs and coils before thinkning about spending big bucks.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Calmec87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0300 & P0353 after rain

Judging by the codes your getting, and wet conditions, First thing i would do is hit the ignition wires with ignition dryer, little aerosol can from any auto parts store.

I've known alot of cars to run poorly in the rain. I had a friend with an old civic that would run like hell in the rain, turned out that 2 of the 4 ignition wires were shorting out on the wet manifold. It was really shaky because those 2 cylinders weren't firing. So instead of spending money, we soaked it in WD-40, that repelled the water, and the thing ran like gold until he wrecked it a few months later.

If the ignition dryer works, then think about changing your ignition wires and plugs.

Quick Reply: P0300 & P0353 after rain