Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 GC front speakers, not infinity system

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Calmec87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 GC front speakers, not infinity system

Does anyone have experiance replacing the front speakers in this van. i bought a pair of infinity 5.25" speakers thinking they would swap right in, however, the drivers side dash speaker wont fit. the air vents are in the way, so i can't even hack some extra room. my neighbor was saying that very few 5.25s will fit, and he recomended putting 4"s in the dash and a nice set of 6x9s in the door.

Bit of background info, its an aftermarket head unit. the van is wired for door speakers, but there have never been any there, and i have a nice set up in the rear with 2 sony xplod's and a sub. I've been trying to add things piece by piece and installing them myself to save some $$.

Just looking for some advice from anyone who's found a good solution to this problem. 8 year old dodge base model speakers are definitely the weak link in my system.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
webbee
Professional
Default RE: 2000 GC front speakers, not infinity system

Try Crutchfield for which speakers fit your application. You feed in your model, select the speaker size, and peruse the choices.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Calmec87
Default RE: 2000 GC front speakers, not infinity system

I got the initial sizes from crutchfield, its a great site and i've used it alot for most of my upgrades. But this is one situation that i think they didn't really count on. lol.

Quick Reply: 2000 GC front speakers, not infinity system