Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Richard Hunter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect

I have a 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan which I use for my livery/taxi service. As such, I spend a lot of time at airports waiting for passengers to arrive. I usually use this time to catch up on some sleep in my car while I wait.
I believe someone has found a way to hack my Uconnect system. By 'hack' I mean this person has a way of sending short sounds thru the speaker system to wake me up. These sounds can be a short scratch type of sound, whispering my name, or even a recording of an alarm clock.
I also believe this person can listen to me as I sleep in the car. I guess my snoring is loud enough. This has been going on for a few years, including while I owned my previous 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan. (This has happened with my cell phone turned off as well. For a time I thought it was noise coming from my cell phone but even with the phone completely off the noise comes through.)
If I do not turn my cell phone off I get many scam calls and also 'spoofing' calls.

I have attempted to access the darknet to see if there is some sort of hack available there...but I am not that tech savvy and was not even able to access the darkweb.
Anyway this is a little embarrassing to even post here but I am really in need of some relief.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Turn off the radio.

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 07:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar340
Turn off the radio.
Best and most accurate solution to your problem.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Best and most accurate solution to your problem.
This isn't my problem.
I don't think you understand what happening the vulnerability is within the Bluetooth chip. In order for Uconnect to work and be pair with a device it has it own Bluetooth chip and so does all cellphone. It became widely known how easily they can hack into a Bluetooth device via the chip this created a huge problem in Tech industry as they realize how vulnerable it made practically everyone using Bluetooth technology in their homes, cars and computers. Engineers are working hard to find a solution to this problem as it affect so many people it was originally though that a device could hacked from a distance of 30' away but now they're saying the range might even be greater than originally predicted. Their solution right now for people that want to be secure and not be vulnerable to a hack is to turn off the Bluetooth on their device.

It's quite obvious that someone is playing with the original poster head and likely close by playing with the Bluetooth chip inside his radio so right now the only solution is to turn off radio because there's no option to turn just the Bluetooth off the Uconnect.

Last edited by Mopar340; 01-06-2020 at 09:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Richard Hunter (01-07-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 10:21 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to your post being appropriate to his problem. Turn the radio off. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Uconnect