Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

97 Grand Caravan ES AWD Load leveling system

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:34 PM
markeydsl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 97 Grand Caravan ES AWD Load leveling system

Hello

I am just curious, now that i have taken my caravan to have the back shocks replaced. I was told that there are not any kind of device on the shock itself that level the van when loads are placed on it but that there is a seperate bladder that actually does the leveling? can someone tell me how this system works. I am very curious

Thank you

Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
eaglestorm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's all done with the shock. ck how highthe bumper is then push down on the bumper 5 or 6 times that pumps up the shock then ck and see how much it raised. not alot but some. this type of shock it at least twice the size of a reg shock and way $$$$. they work all on there own there is nothing you need to do just load the van and drive after they rebound a few time they pump up.after you unload they drop on there own.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are called Nivomat shocks. Very expensive and yes Its the actual up and down pumping of the shocks that levels the van. They actually work really good. Your van's frame is reinforced in the shock attaching area. You can't stick these on a regular van.

Quick Reply: 97 Grand Caravan ES AWD Load leveling system