Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

a/c blower not working. No power to speed control!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:27 PM
lynifer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c blower not working. No power to speed control!

My wife has a 05 grand caravan. Got in it this afternoon and the blower would not work on any speed. The rear blower works fine. I checked for power at the speed control harness and found no voltage at all. I checked the fuse with a ohm meter and found it to be good. Anyone have an idea where to look next?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
andyg
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check for power coming out of the BCM. I know that since the blower does not have power when the vehicle is off there has to be either a relay for it or the BCM or other computer switches it on. I don't know these vehicles too well so I have no clue as to where it is and what wires do what. Maybe you can trace the wire back from the switch?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:41 PM
lynifer
Default Checked front blower relay

I swapped the relay from blower relay with the rear blower relay and found the relay to be good. The front still didn't work and the rear did still work. Any other ideas? I also pulled the resister block (I know if it was the resistor block it should be running on one speed) and it looked O.K. as far as I can tell. Also I can hear the relay actuating when I plug it in with the key on. So I am sure it is not a relay problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't I have approx. 12 volts to at least one of the pins on the speed control wiring harness. (I don't) I get voltage on at least one pin on the rear blower speed control harness! (The working one). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:05 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran

Blower motor bad in front

Old 11-27-2008, 08:29 PM
lynifer
Default Where is the blower located?

WHere is the blower located. How hard is it to replace? Why wouldn't I have power to the speed control if the blower was bad? Let me know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a/c blower not working. No power to speed control!