Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand caravan wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 09:12 PM
Automechanix
|
Amateur

I put a screwdriver inside one of the wires and cranked, and no spark. i fixed the ground wires that were cut and replaced the ignition switch ,cylinder and metal part that goes into the column, now when i connect the battery the dash lights up as it would right before starting-only now turning the key has no effect whatsoever.

Old 12-10-2008 | 10:42 AM
chopper
Veteran

There's a wire loose somewhere.
Is this van covered by a comprehensive insurance policy?
If so,you might want to either take it to a shop and have them deal with the invisible electrical gremlins that now live in this van.A good shop with schematics of the electrical system and a photographic guide to what it's supposed to look like in perfect condition.

It's kinda like I said in my first post,the criminals might have did something that you just can't see,no matter how hard you look.Things like this can go on for years with new and different electrical problems coming on year after year.

Having the vehicle totalled is an option if your insurance will cover your loss.

Old 12-10-2008 | 08:37 PM
Automechanix
|
Amateur

well i didnt have full on the van, and i also towed it to a reliable shop after doing the little things to be done. i`ve heard that the smallest electrical gremlin causes terror in these dodges, well thanks chopper and everyone else, i`ll be sure to post the results on this van- whether yay or nay.

Quick Reply: 2000 Grand caravan wont start