Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need help with radio/CD?cassette

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:19 PM
nniwelt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with radio/CD?cassette

My radio in 2001 Grand Caravan Sport stopped working all of the sudden.
Nothing there works besides when I press time, it shows time for like 4 seconds and that's it. I pressed eject and cd was ejected so I think that power is going there.
Is there a way of checking if that stock Dodge radio is ok?

Does this minivan have fuse or relay that I can check?
I did looked under the hood where fuses are located but I couldn't find anything with RADIO written on it.

Thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 PM
blacklake1967
Professional

I'm gonna join this thread, because I too am having audio system issues in my '01 Caravan SE.

My problem is the volume...I have 2 choices, whisper quiet and full blast.

If I can't address the issue, I am gonna pick up a Sony Xplod for $99, I like the idea of the aux jack in the front, that way I can run my daughter's portable DVD player through the audio system.

Oh Joy!, Barbie movies on long road trips....UUUUGGGGG...

Old 01-12-2009, 01:07 PM
blacklake1967
Professional

Found this for you on another site:

If it's the factory radio. The fuse is usually on the fuse block generally located under the dash by the steering wheel. If not there then you can look under the hood of the van of open the drivers door and check the side of the dash. Those are the 3 common places for the fuse block. If it's after market radio then you will have to remove the radio and check behind the stereo there might be 1 or 2 fuse holders with fuses.

Any luck yet?

By the way, I bit the bullet and picked up a new deck, dashmount and wiring harness.
What and awesome difference, and cost me less than $150 in total. Blows away the factory deck!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
N4WJT
Default Radio/CD Issues

Can't explain it but my CD/Radio just quit and wouldn't eject the CD. I had to remove the plastic from around the radio, remove the mounting screws from the radio, pull it out and unplug the power cable and plug it back in. It seem to 'reset' and the radio/CD worked fine. It never gave a problem again until I turned the radio off with a CD left in the player. Had to do the same thing. As long as I ejected the CD before powering down, I never had a problem.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Ram Man 95

I am having the same problem. My aftermarket stereo will display the time for a couple seconds when i press the display button and then shut off. Other than that the stereo does nothing. I went out and bought another stereo and installed it today and it is doing the exact same thing so I know it doesn't have anything to do with the stereos or the fuses on the back of the stereo. Anyone got any ideas as to what to do?

Old 06-23-2012, 02:37 PM
jasonhealy93
Default 2001 Caravan Sport aftermarket stereo on factory speakers

When I bought my 2001 caravan sport it had and aftermarket jvc stereo installed in it. The balance seems to be messed up. When I have the balance set for all speakers it is way loud in back but hardly anything up front. when I change the balance to just the front it is still hard to hear even when I turn the volume up. I am also wanting to put in after market speakers and need help with proper wiring for new speakers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need help with radio/CD?cassette