Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Looking for big brakes 12 or 13" for my Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 PM
grailgolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for big brakes 12 or 13" for my Caravan

I have an '07 Caravan - already modded with OBX header, full 2.25" flowmaster exhaust system, 1 chamber Super 40 muffler, SS Camero exhaust tip and 20 inch shoes with 245/35/20 Kuhmo rubber, aftermart 22mm front and 25.5 rear sway bars, 11" Grand Caravan rear disc brakes.

- The 20" wheels and tires are really hard on the front 11" brakes - Anyone know of a 12 or 13" front brake kit that will fit on my Caravan? The rear 11" brakes should be just fine. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Who said a Caravan can't be a little sporty.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:51 PM
petet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know af any kits but this summer I am going to look for parts to put bigger front brakes on mine. I want a 12" rotor and Wilwood 4 pot calipers.

IMO the stock brakes leave a lot to be desired. With the v-rated tires I have the brakes do not stop well enough. In a panic stop I feel like something is pushing me. There is no way that I could get the ABS to work on dry pavement. I already have drilled/slotted rotors and carbon/kevlar pads which have made a big improvement but they are still not good enough. I guess I am spoiled by the brakes on my Porsche and other project cars I have had with bigger brakes. The brakes on my 2600# Porsche are bigger than the ones on this 4000# minivan.

Quick Reply: Looking for big brakes 12 or 13" for my Caravan