Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake light fuse blows

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM
wtrueman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light fuse blows

Hi all: I've got a 99 Grand Cara that blows the brake light fuse; but not right a way. Any of you have a suggestion where to look for the fix. I've gone over the back area looking for wear spots but nothing. Does this model use the master cylinder as the start point for the sensor so it lights up at the back? Or does it originate under the dash at the brake peddle as in the old days? Any help would be useful in tracing this irritating problem, Wayne

Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM
wtrueman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default answer to fuse blowing

Hi all again: I found an answer to my fuse blowing. It is (was) the pass side tail light housing. There is an internal grounding out where the circuit is sandwiched between two pieces of plastic. How did I find out? I put a huge "slow-blow" fuse in place of the 20 amp one. This allowed me to trace the line to where it was hottest: at the tail light housing. Pull the tail light connection, heat went away. Put a new replacement tail light in; it works well. Wayne.

Quick Reply: Brake light fuse blows