Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Maxi Care Costs

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 PM
FTLOSM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxi Care Costs

When we bought our 2001 grand caravan new it had a 3 /36 warranty, (august 2001), we added a maximum care service contracts warranty for $800 that was $50 deductable and covers us for 5 years or 50,000 miles whichever is first.

We still have time and miles on this warranty and overall cost wise it has helped us relplace alot of things (battery, cd player, tie rods, power door switch, power window switches, and other things) I would easilly say even with the deductable the $800 cost was well justified and we came out ontop having the car fixed (usually with no cost to us other than the deductable).

Ok so we are 4 years into that contract and are at 46,000 miles, I figure lets talk about extending it before it lapses at 50K etc.

I figure when we bought the car it was $800 for a 5/50,000 so maybe I dunno double maybe triple that cost for extending it to 100K

I had the van in about 4 months ago and one of the guys said it would be about $1800 to get us to 100K warranty wise for the same $50 deductable setup and warranty like we currently have, I put it off at that time, so now I figure ill reask and maybe it will be 2000-2200ish or so (we are talking 4 months and maybe 2000 miles difference on car still well within our first contract terms too).

The guy says to get us to 100,000 miles with the same coverage we currently have will be $3450 ?!?!?!

Does that seem right???? Not to me it doesn't - I didn't have the info from the last visit in front of me as reference but said that wasnt what I was told say 4 months ago for this same car to extend it, he said it musta been a mistake quote or a quote on a lesser warranty cuz to extend me to 100K would be $3450 minimum....

Ok 3450 seems like an awful lot more $$ than the 1800 I was quoted that I even said SAME COVERAGE same deductable right? and was told yes, I realize its been 4 months later now but $412 more per month for each of those 4 months in addition to the $1800? That just seems STEEEP to say the least...

Anyone have experience in being in a service contract with dodge and renewing it before it expired? If so do these numbers seem unreasonable? If a trans goes out on me at 75K im SURE the $1800 (if i took it that day dummy me i should have) would cover my tail, yet at $3450 im starting to wonder if its worth that much investment.

I really didnt like the guy who was trying to sell this to me, really pushy really rude, but isnt a 5 star dealers service price pretty much the same wherever you go? Im wondering if hes right and my quote was incorrect 4 months ago or if hes just a jerk and is tryin to MILK me for $1600 more than the price quoted 4 months ago...

Just sorta lost on all this, overall that original $800 warranty DID pay for itself, and at $1800 it might again and would give good piece of mind, yet im just frustrated to hear that MUSTA been a mistake and the REAL price would be $3450 --- so whos tellin me the truth here are these numbers way outta whack????

Quick Reply: Maxi Care Costs