Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Town and Country A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:35 PM
accesslimo
|
Angry 2001 Town and Country A/C problem

here is what i know. refrig level ok, fuses and relay ok, no power to plug at compressor, either wire. What am i missing. cant find a scematic anywhere. Also, the blowes,both front and rear, only work on high. i pulled the switch panel out and back probed all the wires to see if any changed with the switch being turned on or off, nothing changed. Does the switch send a neg. signal? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

Old 06-15-2009 | 09:01 PM
accesslimo
|

Also...i tried jumping the plug on the acc...it didnt turn on the clutch and it bogged the van down/????

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:47 AM
George Rhude

Normally the fans only working on high is caused by the blower resistor located in the heating duct being defective. This is accessed by removing the glove compartment. I went to NAPA to get my new resistor. Good luck, George

Old 06-30-2009 | 03:20 PM
kev2
Veteran

I cannot attach the schmatic....my bad.....is this manual or automatic climate control ?
fuse 18 good? at a/c relay remove relay use dvom probe termnal 30 AND 86 CAVITY BOTH SHOULD BE 12V?

only high speed blower is this a new issue or system worked before with HI only?

how do you know that the refridgerant pressure is adaquate?
ALWAYS use gauges for A/C work both HIGH and low!!
STOP jumping A/C switches...

suggestions:
post the static pressure* PCM must see correct tranducer reading ... check for codes both CEL and Heater A/C controler..... there are directions in owners manual....

*There is a minimun press requirement

Last edited by kev2; 06-30-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Town and Country A/C problem