Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Caravan remote keyless programming

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009 | 10:42 AM
ledvedder
|
Default 2003 Caravan remote keyless programming

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2003 Caravan Sport, but the seller didn't have the remote for it (claimed that his dog at it), go figure. Anyway, I purchased a remote online and I'm trying to figure out how to program it without paying some outrageous price at a dealer. I've found some instructions online that involve grounding the Program Enable wire in the Data Link Connector that's located under the dash by the emergency brake, and performing a few steps involving turning the key to the on position without actually starting the van and pushing a series of buttons on the remote. Can this be done? Problem is, I don't have the pinout diagram for the Data Link Connector, so I'm not sure which wire is the Program Enable wire. I'm pretty sure that pin 4 is ground, but not 100% certain. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2009 | 01:20 PM
grimace_247@hotmail.com

Seriously i would just go to the dealer, it shouldn't cost much and it only takes them about 15 min. I used to work in a dodge shop. and sometimes we would do it for free.

Quick Reply: 2003 Caravan remote keyless programming