Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'93 Plymouth Stereo Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:50 AM
plymouth_man22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 Plymouth Stereo Issue

Hi everybody,

I think this is the best spot for this forum, if not, im sorry and go ahead and move it to the correct one. Thanx!

Anywho...My Question,
I have a 1993 Plymouth Voyager LE (i think, lol) and the Inifity Premium Stereo system kicked the bucket on me. So, until now, i have been "stereo-less" (doesnt really matter since i havent driven it for a while, oops). So i bought this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5761797256) and recieved it today, i go to install it, and it powers up, (i get all excited ) and turn on the switch on the stereo, and SHAZAAM it works. Only one thing... It sounds like it is in a can (no bass, basically). Ya know what i mean, right? I took it out and put it back in, just to make sure i had everything installed correctly. Same thing. So, here is the real question i pose to you:

1) Is it the stereo and did i buy a lemon, (if so, i have a hardly used stereo for sale)
2) Is it my infinity stereo system causing the problem (please no)
3) Is it the pinouts on the harness. Do they change year to year? I know the shape has recently changed in the early 2000's models (i.e. my 2003 Dodge Dakota), but have the wires change spots or something?

Thank you for any help you may give!

Old 03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
BigRedDodge99
Rookie
Default RE: '93 Plymouth Stereo Issue

Not sure about the problem listed. However, I have heard that changing the system in some of the older vans would effect the transmission's operation.
Some kind of circut or something for the electric transmission runs through the radio. Would be interesting to know if this affects yours if you get it to working properly. Good luck, hopefully someone will jump in here and give you some advice on your system.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
88RamVan

I think the problem is the new radio doesn't look like an inifinity sound radio.That would cause and Issue as far as I know.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:08 PM
plymouth_man22

Hey,
Sorry i didnt get back to this forum, i figured out what the problem was. I wasnt plugging in the grounding plug for my factory infinity amplifier. So, the speakers werent getting enough juice, lol.

Thanx anyways!

Old 05-20-2005, 01:57 AM
toolbox

Where exactly was the infinity amp located? I am having the same identical problem in my '96 Dodge Caravan. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:57 AM
toolbox

Where exactly was the infinity amp located? I am having the same identical problem in my '96 Dodge Caravan. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Jemm

Where is the Amplifier for the Infinity sound system.

My 92 Grand Voyager blows a fuse when the Amplifier kicks in.

The fuse that blows is not the fuse that powers the radio so I am pretty sure the amplifier is separate.

The radio triggers a relay above the fuse box, so I pulled the relay and now have some sound without blowing fuses.

I've pretty much taken the dash apart trying to find the amplifier.

Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: '93 Plymouth Stereo Issue