Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

OBD2 Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:07 AM
kstauffer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 Codes

I'm a newbie here but after scanning the messages I noticed many users looking to decipher OBDII codes. There are several ways one can get the codes; buy a book from several publishers, go to your local wrench, go to Auto Zone for a freebe check, or my best bet since I don't like to pay for anything that should be free...go to www.troublecodes.net.

This site has helped me immensly with several cars, vans, and most recently with an OBD 1 problem on my '95 tracker. Obviously for OBD 2 one needs a reader. I purchased one at Harbor Freight for $39. This was only after I checked-out some of the readers at $139-$189. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a larger box and larger digits produce the same result. A code is a code and that is all you need. It erases them too.

Another strike for DIYS!

Hope this helps someone,

KL

Old 03-28-2005, 05:14 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OBD2 Codes

We have them too, check out the General section.................................OBD2

Quick Reply: OBD2 Codes