Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Braking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:20 AM
rod5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking Problem

I own a 2000 Caravan and have been having problems with the braking since I bought it (used). The problem is that the braking feels weak, I have to use alot of force to get the van to stop. I have replaced pads, rotors, calipers, master cylinder, the lines look good. This van has a "traction control" option, which mine does not have. The only thing left I can think of is the power booster (although Im not 100% sure what the power booster does). Is there anywhere I can check the part number to see if it is the wrong one installed on the van? Thanks for any input.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:57 PM
88RamVan
Default RE: Braking Problem

Is the pedal hard to push? When the booster goes bad the brakes feel worse than manual brakes.The pedal is very hard to push.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:01 AM
blessedbronxbaby

I had a problem with my "01" caravan and I got everything done on my braking system and it was still stopping slow.about three weeks ago a off hand mechanic came up to me while i was still doing my pads and he told me to check the (ABS)system and i did it only cost me $50.00 to get it done and it was only a spring type of pin that cracked off due to wear,so maybe if you have the ABS system then you should get it checked out and its free so why not try. GOOD LUCK

Old 04-10-2005, 10:48 PM
rod5

any idea what the name of the part was or where the pin is located? thanks.

Quick Reply: Braking Problem