Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Changing front seats and airbag issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
MK_Teacher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Changing front seats and airbag issues

I have one other question about my 2006 Grand Caravan with Stow N Go seats: I bought it from a used-car dealer who said that the original owner had switched the seats from her 2009 Grand Caravan into this 2006 model. Then, since the colors did not match the dealer switched the 2009 seats for others of an unknown year, but that did match the interior. The dealer reported that after the second switch the airbag light came on and stayed on. I got the van for a reduced price as a result.

I disconnected the battery overnight in an effort to reset all the trouble codes. When I turned on the key all the dash lights came on and then turned off. I was delighted that the airbag light was off as well. But my delight endured for less than second when I heard a click and it came on and stayed on.

I supppose there is a sensor or sensors in the seats that "talk" to the airbag computer, and it is "seeing" the wrong sensor and tripping the light. How interchangeable are the seats - - or more to the point, the sensors?

Last edited by MK_Teacher; 11-29-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Changing front seats and airbag issues