Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand Caravan Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
slamd1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Grand Caravan Headlight issue

I have only a driver side high beam or passenger side low beam working. If I hold the high beam lever half way both of the headlights light up, still one high one low, but I have two headlights. It is just a little inconvenient to hold this lever driving down the road. Anybody know what this might be. I have tried changing the dimmer lever, but there was no change. I am at a loss.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this and see if it sounds like your symptoms

http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice...-dodge-caravan

Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 PM
slamd1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick, that sounds like what is going on. I will give those troubleshooting steps a try and see what happens.

Another question.

The article does not mention any troubleshooting steps for the BCM. The only reason I bring it up is I have one setting on the heater fan switch that does not work and one of the rear windows that no longer opens. These failed along the way, not all at one time. Just wondering if they are all related since the BCM seems to control everything. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 2000 Grand Caravan Headlight issue