Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power steerning

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:47 AM
msmafr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steerning

hiiii
When the engin is stating in the morning for my dodge caravan 2007 I heared a sound from the power steerning this sound remain aproximatly for 2 minutes and the sound is not continuious. this sound is heared just in the first operation for the day.
please tell me what is the problem.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
circumventor
Banned

the prb is sumtin is goin bad so yall shuld take it to a shop to see if it can be fixt ibet the rak or pump is the prob

Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 AM
LX-man

In my case it was a clogged filter which is in the steering fluid reservoir. Simply change the reservoir (± $30,-) and refill it with new fluid.
It's a bit tricky to remove the old one, because the bottom nut is hidden at the back. first drain the tank. The top half of the reservoir can be removed quite easily. Take a sharp chisel and a hammer and smash the thing to pieces (without dammaging any hoses). To get the pipe out of the large hose, warm it with a blow dryer and carefully wedge a thin screwdriver between the two to loosen the grip. After installing the new tank and filling it up you should rev the engine a bit and turn the steering wheel 5 times to the far left and far right. This drains the system of air bubbles. Top up the reservoir again and you're ready!

Quick Reply: power steerning