Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

s-belt tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 02:37 AM
toolfan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s-belt tensioner

Ok made it through the "tune-up" (plugs and wires). definite pain in the ***, in doing the job noticed that the belt tensioner was bad. No info in my repair manual as to the R&I any help? I have an idea as to the the last project, but any help would be appreceated. Oh damn I for got the vitals: 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Sport 3.3 AT

Old 02-20-2004, 12:21 AM
JustplainKevin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: s-belt tensioner

I replaced on a 3.8 and if I have to do it again, I will probably let the dealer do it. I hate to say that but it is just too difficult to get to. Even after I had everything back together, I still had to let the dealer tighten a couple of bolts that I simply could not find a way to get to with the tool/resources that I have.

The tensioner has stud coming out of the back and one nut that holds it on. It has been a little while since I did this so I don't remember what I took off to remove it but it is very difficult to get off and back on. They must have some kinda funky shaped wrench to get the this nut.

Hope that helped, its really all I can offer.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:37 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: s-belt tensioner

a 15mm swivel socket on a 15" extension will get it from the bottom. I change them in a about 5minutes on a hoist

Quick Reply: s-belt tensioner