Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan SXT Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM
dudleyteaches
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks all. It's going to the dealer that replaced my engine on Monday. I really hope they will take the time to fix it and not just blow me off because it's not throwing codes etc.

Before the engine swap, the van was always ready to kick down and take off (for a van). I bought the one w/ the 4.0 for that reason. I too tend to drive it pretty aggressively. This hesitation, and reluctance to kickdown since the swap is very aggravating.

I will have them check the fluid. Is it possibly related to the tps? I feel like it could be but really don't have a lot to base it on.
Thanks again

Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 PM
wlove321

You should try using the star scanner to clear the cvi values....both of them. The PCM is using an incorrect volume in the trans for the different gears resulting in harh and even improper shifts. I have used this many times when our tranny guys replace a trans and tell me "It's shifting as bad as the one I repaced!" Hope it helps you.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 PM
tgsherman
Default tgsherman

I have a 2008 dodge gr. caravan sxt with a 4.0 liter engine. When I put the van in gear after starting sometimes it will clunk. I make sure the rpm's are down to normal. The dealer said they know about this problem so I wonder why they cannot fix this?

tg

Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
foserius

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I have been having this transmission problem, and I just brought it to my dealer and gave them the bulletin #. They told me this is covered for free as long as the vehicle is under 8 years and under 80,000 miles. Here is a link to the actual bulletin.

Hope this helps someone..

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan SXT Transmission