Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Timing Chain Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
dude777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Chain Cover

I have 2 problems. First the dealer states that if I replace my timing chain cover, I will have to also replace the timing chain set. Next the computer lists two chain set but did not indicate which one fits my van. The parts dealer entered the VIN # but that did not help. All parts will have to be ordered.

Have anyone had to deal with a timing chain cover for a 2005 GC? Perhaps the new cover will interfere with the clearance of the old timing chain/gear. I don't want to replace the gear set if I don't need to. Please help. My van is a 2005 Dodge GC, with 3.3 eng. The part numbers are
Timing cover- #5137544AE
Timing chain set- #68001398AA
Timing chain set- #68001402AA

Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Appearently in 2005, they had 2 different ways they did the timing cover and gears. So if you have the one they settled on, all you need is a cover. Sounds like if you have the other way, you now change it over so you need the cover and the chain / gears package. The 2 different chain setups is depending on the type of engine controller you have. Send me a PM with your vin and how many connectors are on your PCM and I'll see if I can clear it up for you. The PCM is behind the bumper in front of the drivers front tire.

Quick Reply: Timing Chain Cover