Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dash rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
grey day
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash rattle

I have a 2005 Caravan with a dash rattle thats sounds like its in the right front corner (passenger side). I have taken the pad that sits closest to the windshield off but found nothing that appears to be making any kinds noise. Sounds like two pieces of metal vibrating but here's is the strange part, I usually only here it when the outside temp warms up? Right here in Toronto the mornings are usually still around freezing thus no noise driving to work but the evening drive is driving me nuts, temp gets up to plus 10 or better celcius and the rattle begins. Any suggestions other that going to the stealership? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Turn the radio up? As a professional stealer mechanic, I'll tell ya, you'd be amazed at where a rattle can originate from. Basically just trial and error. Move something, bend something until the noise changes. If it's a metal noise, chances are it is under hood or outside.

Quick Reply: Dash rattle