Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan-Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
George 2008 DGCSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan-Brakes

I just purchased a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am happy with the van. I was aware that this vehicle had brake pads and rotors that wear easily. I am getting brake pad dust on my white van on the fenders. Does anyone know of any good/great after-market rotors and pads (front and/or back) that I can purchase to prevent excess dust and that will last longer than the factory parts? All ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 AM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no suggestion for pads

but just making sure you know the rear calipers on 2008+ require a special tool, to press and turn in the calipers,

info found here
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...e-caravan.html

of course I have not done brakes on a 2008 so other's will know better

Old 04-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The rotors aren't really an issue, it's the pads that wear like bars of soap. The dealers v line of pads are much better for wear. Otherwise you usually get what you pay for, cheap aftermarket pads are cheap and the more expensive one's your paying for the warrenty. Dealer v-line pads do have a lifetime warrenty, just keep the receipt

Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
TJeepman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George 2008 DGCSXT
I just purchased a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am happy with the van. I was aware that this vehicle had brake pads and rotors that wear easily. I am getting brake pad dust on my white van on the fenders. Does anyone know of any good/great after-market rotors and pads (front and/or back) that I can purchase to prevent excess dust and that will last longer than the factory parts? All ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
If the pads wear out prematurely, Chrysler may go good for the work. They have for others. Your Dealer may not be of much help, (no harm in asking though) go directly to Chrysler.

A local parts supplier here, who sells Raybestos, is only listing ceramic pads for some reason. Semi-metallics are also available from other sources.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan-Brakes